Applying for Visa
To obtain a Visa for Bangladesh, the applicant must submit the following and fulfill all requirements to avoid any delay of processing visa:
Applicants must provide their email address on the application form to get updates of the applications.
1. A printed copy of duly completed Online Visa Application: https://www.visa.gov.bd/
2. A 2’’X 2” color photograph with white background taken within the last six months (attach using glue on the top left corner box of the application form. Do not staple photo);
3. Attach existing valid passport (original passport) with a validity of at least six months;
4. Photocopy of the passport (photo page only);
5. If applicants are foreigner other than US citizen, must submit photocopy of valid Green Card. US State ID or Driving License will not be considered as Proof of Residency;
6. Attach a health certificate i.e. Rapid Test Negative Report or a Certificate in English from a certified physician/clinic/pharmacy for ensuring not affected by COVID-19;
7. Fees: (Cash or Personal check not to be accepted), Please pay to the “Consulate General of Bangladesh in Los Angeles’’ in the format of Money Order/Cashier Check/Official Check only;
Maximum types of visa processing fees for ordinary US passport holder is US$ 160.00 except fees for processing of visa for Employment/Missionary/NGO (E/M/N) is $190.00.
NO REFUNDS: Fees, once received by the Consulate, cannot be refunded, even if the application is withdrawn or service cannot be rendered.
8. Tourist Visa: Letter of invitation / Hotel reservation / Travel itinerary.
9. Work Visa: Letter of employment from the employer in Bangladesh and letter of concurrence from concerned Ministry, Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA), Board of Investment (BOI), Bangladesh Export Processing Zone (BEPZA). To work (with pay/voluntary) in a non-governmental organization (NGO), the applicant should furnish copy of letter of appointment from the NGO with attestation by the Bangladesh NGO Affairs Bureau, Dhaka.
10. Student Visa: Letter from the concerned educational institution duly attested by the Bangladesh Ministry of Education, Dhaka and Certificate of financial guarantee
11. Business/Meeting Visa: Letter from the employer in the United States and invitation letter from the host company in Bangladesh clearly stating the purpose of the visit. Please also include Trade License/Registration Paper or any Government issued Certificate in favour of host organization. If you are interested to include your name in the list of interested importers from Bangladesh, please contact the Commerce Wing of the Consulate at +1-323-932-0100, Ext 203
12. Investor Visa: Letter of recommendation from the Bangladesh Ministry of Industries or the Board of Investment (BOI) or Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) or Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA), Dhaka.
13. Missionary Visa: Letter of appointment from the Church and “No Objection” from the Bangladesh Ministry of Religious Affairs, Dhaka.
14. Diplomatic and Official Visa: Note Verbale/letter from the concerned government office/Mission. Any direct communication from Dhaka will not be accepted, which must come via Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka.
Additional form for defense personnel and their family members .
15. Journalist Visa: Letter of request from the employer/news agency clearly stating the purpose of the visit. Persons/Network/Organization requesting for shooting/filming in Bangladesh are required to fill in Form , in addition to the visa application form.
Please note that after scrutiny of documents, the Consulate may request for an interview and/or submission of additional documents. Issuance of visa may be delayed if reference has to be made to Bangladesh for clearance.
The Consulate may accept or reject any application for visa.
The usual processing time for a visa is 10 working days. The processing time may vary on case by case issues.
Service by Mail: Applicants may send their application by mail. If so, the applicant must provide a self-addressed return envelope (prepaid/with appropriate postage stamps) and tracking number of Priority/Express Mail of USPS only. Return envelope of FedEx is not accepted as it charges the Embassy, rather than the applicant for overweight of the return mail (or for any other reasons). Applicants belonging to same mailing address can send their applications together in one envelope and enclose one return envelope.
Any incomplete application received by mail will be returned to the applicant without query.
Walk-in applicants are received at the front desk between 10:00 am to 1:00 pm on Monday to Friday, except holidays. Delivery time of documents are from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
Wearing a mask is mandatory for all kinds of service seekers during walk-in hours at the Consulate.
Please browse following web-links of the Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh before departure for Bangladesh from abroad:
Latest NOTAM and Circular and COVID-19
For further enquiry: